Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Laughter

Daily Thoughts, From Daily Guideposts, February 24, 2010

A Time to Think
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. - E. E. Cummings

To Act
Find an opportunity for laughter whenever you can.

To Pray
Lord, when I'm weary and need refreshment, renew me with friendship and laughter.

Laughter is healing, laughter is upliftment, and laughter is surely fun. And, I clearly do not have enough of it in my life.

Last night I got the unexpected news that a dear friend of ours (and Bill W.’s) from Tucson, will be coming up to Sedona to visit today. I’m excited. For although a major part of his multi-day trip is to be in the Silence to contemplate and meditate about a recent disturbing event in his life, I know that we will laugh. For laughter and joy, along with spiritual and business conversation, has always been a part of our coming together. I suspect that shall be the case this time as well.

And, this time laughter will help bring healing, love, and faith to our friend who is in need of an extra dose of feeling God’s Presence. It will do the same for me as well.

No comments: