Friday, March 20, 2009

Choosing Joy

I had an exchange yesterday with a business acquaintance on the way to a meeting which put me in a funk for the entire meeting and more. I had been a ‘good little girl’ but nonetheless had been taken to task for some action I had taken to thank the group that I had been a guest of the prior week.

When I got home I decided I’d had enough of feeling the way I did, a reaction I’m sure from something that occurred many years ago in childhood. I’d had enough and wasn’t going to take it anymore! So I retired to my cave and did some tapping, more formally known as EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique.

EFT provides freedom from negative emotions, which then allows one to blossom and rise above whatever hidden hurdles have been keeping them from performing to their capacity. It is based on discoveries regarding the connection between the body's subtle energies, emotions, and health.

In a matter of mere minutes, the yucky feeling lifted – a miracle for sure! I don’t know if it’s permanently gone since I’m a novice at applying EFT. Nevertheless, it’s a tool I can and will go back to if I need to clear this issue again or another one.

I am so grateful that I remembered that this simple tool was available to me. I’m grateful that I loved myself enough to take action, that I made a choice for me. And, I’m grateful for the results.

The cleaner my emotions are, the clearer a channel I am to know God’s will. And, moving from any form of negative emotion to joy is surely God’s will.

No comments: