Monday, March 23, 2009

How Do I Love?

Yesterday’s blog was entitled “Love in Action” and talked of loving everyone on my path. So how does that show up, especially with people who I find to be a challenge?

I was with someone yesterday who is bright, most generous, and has other fine qualities - and pushes my “irritation” button. Now, I know it’s really about me. But that said, how do I show up as Love even when my ego wants to fight? The words “attitude” and “act as if” come to mind.

I hold an attitude of gratitude and I act in loving ways. That translates to offering to be helpful, being a good listener...and, praying. Lots of praying! Praying for me to be loving, praying for the person’s highest good, praying for God’s help.

I cannot go through this human experience without God’s help. This is a crazy world, and I can be as insane as the next person at times. If I am to be at peace, I must love. God is the answer and the help I need to act as Love would.

No comments: