Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life Guidance

I’m glad to be out again studying philosophy and life with a group of people.

Last week I started a brief class on the Bhaghavad Gita and another one on Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity by Eric Butterworth.

The Gita presents, in seven-hundred verses revered as a sacred scripture of Hinduism, a handbook for Self-realization and a guide to action. In it, Krishna, an incarnation of God, instructs on the nature of the soul and its relation to God, the levels of consciousness and reality, the makeup of the phenomenal world, etc. It points the way on how to achieve freedom and peace within.

In Spiritual Economics, Eric Butterworth reminds us in straightforward, non-theological language that we have the power and the means within us to live abundantly. We can work with the flow of life instead of against it, develop a prosperous attitude about money, health and love, and maintain our inner focus on affluence.

Hinduism and New Thought literature - each fascinating, providing insight into living life, and just the kind of works I enjoy reading.

I did not receive much guidance when I was growing up, but I’ve fared pretty well in many aspects of my life and known joy. And, always I can tap into a richness of knowledge to study, and interact with people who have the learning and the experience, and are willing to share it. I am not alone. I am grateful.

No comments: