Monday, March 9, 2009

Giving

Yesterday I volunteered to help out at the Unity church I attend even though I’m not a member. I’ve really been missing being of service and here’s an opportunity to help an organization that’s right under my nose.

It was certainly no coincidence that two of my readings this morning were about giving...

Excerpted from today’s Daily Word:

I give generously from my heart.

The good I do for others makes a difference in their lives. I contribute my energies in ways that benefit people--some known and others unknown to me. By being helpful, I honor the Christ within me and within them.

When I give of myself, I am expressing consideration and generosity.


The other one was a story about an American on a train bound for a foreign town, with no one to meet him at his destination as his host had been delayed. Two strangers traveling in the same compartment help him, with one driving him to his final destination. When the American tried to pay the man for his kindness, he pushed away the money and said, “You do...” [Click here for full Daily Guideposts story.]

And, one of the prosperity principles that came up in discussion today was about giving and the law of circulation.

I have been the receiver of many gifts from the universe in recent months and have felt that I’ve not given back anywhere close to a similar proportion. Well, now I’m stepping up to the plate. It feels great!

In networking today with a group of job seekers, I told them that I’ve reduced my rates – “I need to earn some money but I really want to give too.”

True giving is a way to express love and we all ‘win’ – after all, I can’t be a giver if there’s no receiver!

No comments: