Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meetup Friends

Our Gilbert Spirituality Meetup has been a source of numerous new friendships with loving, like-minded spirits. And, not just for us!

We had dinner at G & D’s last night. We’ve been alternating hosting dinner at one another’s home. They’re snowbirds, and now it is time for them to head back to Oregon before the Valley of the Sun really heats up. I will sorely miss their physical presence, but I’ve no doubt we’ll continue growing our friendship. They’ll be spending about a week in Sedona when they leave the Phoenix area next month so we hope to hook up with them one last time before they are westward bound.

Today we’re ‘forced’ to meet up with G & D again to make an exchange. After lunch, they’re meeting, E, another meetup member for coffee, and I’m hooking up with M, yet another meetup member to catch up on things. I need to return D’s call – you guessed it, another member – to make plans for us to get together with him and his wife, A, who brought him into the group. They’ve expressed interest in leading the group when we move to Sedona and they’ve lived there (and want to move back), so we’ve got lots to talk about!

This meetup has provided me, inter alia, with a venue to meet and grow a rich circle of friends who are focused on their spiritual life. I am blessed, I am grateful.

No comments: