Monday, March 30, 2009

Prime Real Estate

Many of my readings this morning were about the present.

It is indeed true that the past and the future are beyond my control: what is done is done, what is yet to be is yet to be. Of course, I have no power of this – how could I?! And, I limit myself each time I dwell upon the past or the future.

I do have the power to clear my mind and to experience the present. It’s my choice, but it does take commitment and practice. It’s been a habit, I guess, to let my mind wander away from the now, into the neighborhoods of the past and the present. These are dangerous places for my peace, especially since God is not there. God is here, now.

With God’s help, I endeavor to stay in the neighborhood of the Now where peace, love, and faith reside.

No comments: