Sunday, September 13, 2009

Being Like the Water

Hearing Barbara Horton’s song lyrics about wanting to be like the water reminded me of my own recent experience alongside Tonto Creek near Payson, AZ. Barbara’s sentiments went further, and I deeply resonate with them:

I want to be like the water flowing
Never questioning, always knowing
Exactly what it is I’m here to do.

Abundantly receiving, giving
A contribution to life along the way.

- © 2008 Barbara Horton

Especially in these days of Rog and I making big changes, releasing, dropping attachments, as we work toward creating our new life in northern Arizona, we so want to be clear what it is that God would have us do, would have us be.

I want to trust Spirit with all my heart and simply know The Plan, and not question nor resist Spirit’s will for me. When I do that, life is joyful, abundant, and I am of great service to others.

I am like the water flowing
Never questioning, always knowing
Exactly what it is I’m here to do.

Abundantly receiving, giving
A contribution to life along the way.

No comments: