Thursday, September 24, 2009

No Matter the Condition

Dear God;

Thank You for keeping my ego in check this evening when I realized my haircut was going to take more than an hour to get completed and I had work waiting to be completed before my head was to hit the pillow. Thank You that I remained kind, gracious, and supportive of the cosmetology student.

Thank You that I thought about how I could best use the time as I sat in the salon chair as cuttings very slowly made their way off my head to the floor. And, thank You that I moved from thought to action: I said prayers for folks like I often do in my early morning practice and prayed for a blessed encounter between myself and the student.

Thank You, Spirit, that I remembered and practiced the idea that no matter what is going on around me, no matter the condition, You are accessible and peace is possible.

No comments: