Monday, September 7, 2009

Time for God

I’m sitting here on hold, waiting for a GoDaddy rep to get on the line to troubleshoot a problem with a client’s website. I’m glad to say that instead of bemoaning hearing that it’ll be a 12” wait, I’m taking it as an opportunity to spend time with God – and I sure need to today, as much as possible!

A priority has been to ask for prayer support, particularly from a Unity chaplain. I had signed up for the Unity of Sedona mailing list, and a few days ago received the “Thought for the Week”. I’ve not met the sender, but Marie welcomed replies and offered prayer support.

So with my telephone headset on, listening to Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons” (which I love) while on hold, I wrote Marie. I humbly told her of our situation and asked for prayers. Her response within minutes included “As I read your email, I thought here is a couple being the activity of God as strength, courage and knowing what God wants for you; therefore, I am holding you in prayer knowing that perfect plan is already in place for you. I encourage you to continue staying open and receptive to what God has in store for you.” She also asked if it was okay to ask the “Team of Prayer Chaplains to be holding you in prayer?” Such a question!

Being in contact with a person of such heart, faith, and encouragement is surely uplifting. Who knew I could be so pleased with being placed on hold?! Oh, and the website problem was easily remedied.

Thank You, God, for my awareness, willingness, and creativity to see the opportunities throughout the day where I may find time to connect with You. With You, I always find peace.

No comments: