Monday, September 28, 2009

God's Help

When I was seeking to relocate from Santa Fe, NM I told (yes, “told”) God that I would do everything I could to make the move happen.

I would do the research, visualize and affirm, be willing to give up my business and take a j-o-b, and rent an apartment instead of own a house, but the money part was His. I had no idea how He was going to make it happen, but make it happen He did.

My father, who had recently re-entered my life, decided to give each of the children a portion of their inheritance before he passed on. It was a sum far greater than I would have imagined, coming at the perfect time; and how wonderful that my dad was alive to see what joy his gift brought and know how appreciated it was.

Not only was I able to move to Phoenix, but I got to continue my business, and purchase a beautiful home. God came through with shining colors. When I finally had asked God for help, I received so much, not just in material terms, but in spiritual growth. It was a lesson I never wanted to forget.

I’ve been pretty good about not forgetting this huge lesson. Less and less I wait longer and longer to ask for Spirit’s help, be it for the ‘small’ things or the ‘big’ things in life.

And, so it is with our desire to move north to be closer to Nature, live in community, live a simpler life, and be of service. Rog and I have been asking for Spirit’s help and guidance not just on a daily basis, but way more often. And, we’ve been receiving it.

The help we are focused on now is obtaining a place to call home in view of our current financial situation. Spirit has inspired us with creative ways to explore living rent-free with some opportunities having passed our way, but not being The One. The help we are focused on now is obtaining a place to call home in view of our current financial situation. Spirit has inspired us with creative ways to explore living rent-free with some opportunities having passed our way, but not being The One.

As I look back on the past several months, it seems clear that there is a plan. And, in order for the plan to work, God – my Source, my inexhaustible, unlimited, unfailing Supply – will work out the ‘how’. He uses many channels in which to grace me with blessings and abundance, and with Him, all things are possible.

God knows His job and I know mine: to be in fit spiritual condition, remain right-sized, know who is really in charge, and be willing to ask for help and follow guidance.

No comments: