Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Think About God

Rog and I have been seeking to care take a property in the Sedona/Cottonwood area of Arizona in exchange for no/low rent. We hit upon something recently that might be the place, and it is more than a guest house – it is an oasis: lush trees; 5 acres of land; organic vegetable garden; spacious, 2-story, window prolific home that resembles a barn; swimming pool; creek side property. Yes, “divine” sounds like a good descriptor.

Still my ego-mind started churning after viewing the photos about 100 times last night. With the 2-story open design, the heating and electric bills are probably high. How old is the house? - maybe it’s not been well maintained. There’s only one bathroom – that’ll be difficult when we have guests. Are the owners rational and easy to get along with?

I quickly caught myself for I know that if it is God’s Will that this property be our next place to call home, it will happen. And, if it’s not to be, Spirit has something better in store. No point in trying to force it, to put a square peg in what might be a round hole.

I am reminded of Emmet Fox’s words about The Golden Key and Scientific Prayer. In Scientific Prayer, it is God who works, not me. My main part is to just get out of the way so that Divine action can take place. Fox suggests: Stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead. (Power Through Constructive Thinking, p. 138). This is the complete rule – to think about God.

Fox says “Do not try to think out in advance what the solution for your difficulty will probably turn out to be. Leave the question of ways and means strictly to God. You want to get out of your difficulty – that is sufficient. You do your half, and God will never fail to do His.” (Ibid, p. 140)

Today I pray to keep my thoughts staid on Thee, knowing – and trusting – that You never fail to take care of Your children.

No comments: