Saturday, October 3, 2009

Laughing With God

“How do you make God laugh?”
“Tell Him your plans!”

I had much to do today, but Spirit had other plans. As I was taking the butter out of the refrigerator to make some breakfast this morning, I felt a sharp pain in my lower right back. In that instance, my plans for the day, and perhaps for tomorrow, changed.

Rog helped me into bed with the hopes of relaxing my body. He brought me a client’s manuscript to read, water to drink, and a Lara bar to eat. What more could I need? Rog took good care of me, checking in periodically to see how I was feeling and if I needed anything.

With some energy work and other remedies, this physical body is healing and feeling better. I’m not sure that it’ll be in shape for a planned trip to tomorrow, one that involves loading and unloading the truck and about five hours of driving. But that’s tomorrow.

I’ve had to let go not only of my plans, but other things as well today. As an adult I’ve not been one to be sick very often or laid up in bed, out of commission. And those few times I have been, I usually handled it alone. Having Rog administering to me has been such a treat; I am grateful for his being here, his calming help, his love. A channel of God's.

Rog’s aid brought up old childhood memories of feeling like I was a burden to my mother. Before I had my tonsils and adenoids removed, I frequently got sick and the school would call home for my mom to come and pick me up. I’m giving that one up to Spirit too!

I’m sure it’s no coincidence I’ve been reading about receiving and the difficulty many people have with it. So, I’m releasing any issues about receiving, and enjoying all that Rog is giving to me.

I’m letting go of the past, being prepared for something big I feel Spirit has in mind for me with the historical world changes coming. I’m letting go of my little plans and looking to God for His. Yep, God’s going to have to find something else to laugh with me about!

I am open to receiving. I am receiving now. I am receiving all the wealth that Spirit has for me now. Thank You, thank You, thank You. And, so it is.

No comments: