Saturday, October 10, 2009

Suddenly

I nonchalantly applied for a part-time position in Sedona via Craigslist on Thursday evening and had a most enthusiastic reply email sitting in my Inbox Friday morning, before we left for a day trip to Sedona. The business owner called me as we were driving north and we set up an afternoon appointment. I was offered the position on the spot and I formally accepted this morning.

Now this isn’t just about a quick deal – this is about an easy-going interview and it seeming to me (and I think to this person too) that it was just a done deal before we really even got started. It appears to be a dream situation that is mutually beneficial. And, not only is it a worthwhile business situation, but it will help me lay down roots in the community.

It’s ‘interesting’ that the job listing got taken down earlier in the day and the business owner didn’t know why. Rog said Spirit made that happen because there was no longer a need once I responded.

I felt a bit in the twilight zone yesterday because of the speed of this all. Spirit worked quickly and in Its own way. And, without even knowing fully what an action on my part would yield, Spirit took over and provided a wondrous result that I couldn’t have fathomed.

The message I got this morning as I was working on digesting what had happened yesterday was that everything was going to happen suddenly from here on in to get our new life set up. We’ve been seeking Spirit’s guidance and help, and it feels like the floodgates have just opened.

I’m going to hang onto the reins these next few days especially as God starts putting the final pieces together for our new life up in Red Rock County. I am filled with enthusiastic expectancy to see how the details pan out. With God orchestrating it, I know that the full picture will be a delight.

No comments: