Friday, October 2, 2009

Life as Prayer

Today's Daily Word - Friday, October 2, 2009
PRAYER

As I turn my thoughts to God, my life becomes a prayer.

I do not need to go away to a mountaintop or seclude myself in a sacred place to spend time in prayer. I need only to turn my thoughts inward and open my mind and heart to God. In this way, I make whatever I am doing a prayer.

As I prepare a meal, I am grateful for the food, and as I clean my house, I am grateful for the restful haven it provides me. As I walk in the park, I feel a sense of oneness with all life in the world around me. As I go through my workday, I am God's instrument of good in the world, and what I do and say is an expression of God.

The more I turn my thoughts to God, the more my life becomes a prayer.


How convenient that wherever I am, whatever I am doing, talking to Spirit is just a pause away. I simply stop and refocus my attention inward.

My intention is to be in prayer more and more each waking moment, to walk consciously with Spirit 24/7. As I do so, my life is a prayer, full of gratitude that my Higher Power is with me always.

No comments: