Monday, October 26, 2009

Surrender - Again

“... turmoil... would disappear if we comfortably relied on God to take charge of our life every moment... willingness to let God have total charge of our life. If we do, we will know a new peacefulness – immediately.

I will let God be in total charge of my life today. I’ll not be controlled by fear. God will smooth my way.” – In God’s Care, October 26

Yesterday’s house hunting expedition in Sedona held many lessons. I had been praying my butt off, had friends praying for us, and I had signed up on about five prayer sites for strangers to pray for me. So what was the prayer I was asking help with? That we find and secure our perfect home in Sedona with ease and grace in a perfect way TODAY. I felt we had to find it TODAY, because I have a position starting in a week there and we’ve no place yet to call home.

We didn’t leave Sedona yesterday consciously having our new home, and maybe one of the ones we drove by is it. But it doesn’t matter.

I realized that I had once again been trying to control things, that I had expectations (not just expectancy) that set me up for disappointment, that my ego was having a grand ‘ol time. We’d done all the footwork and though I thought I’d been leaving the results up to Spirit, I wasn’t. Finally, when tired and frustrated, I had had it, and I hit bottom and surrendered. There I found peace, and I relaxed.

It was a painful reminder again of the need to really surrender and let God unfold His Divine Plan, to let God be in charge of my life, not just in this matter, but in everything. I am not in charge, my way doesn’t work. I can set my intention and express my desire, but ultimately God will work things out that are best for me. I must trust – and let go fully.

As we go house hunting again tomorrow, I go with expectancy and hope. But if we don’t secure the place, I know that’s God’s plan, that the time is just not right, that all the pieces are not quite in place - and I’m fine with that. Come next Monday, when my new position starts in Sedona, God will have worked out a perfect plan for me. I might not know what it is now, but God does. God has been preparing me beautifully along the way and will continue to do so. I surrender to God, my Creator, my Source.

No comments: