Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Question Was Popped

Half-asleep at 4:45 AM five years ago, Roger asked me to marry him – boy, did that wake me up!

We’d been talking about whether to opt for formal, legal recognition of our life partnership or just live together. Whether we had the State of Arizona behind us or not, we were committed to one another. Since I’d never been married before, I thought it would be an interesting experience to have.

Although Rog had said he liked being married and wanted to remarry, he was still a bit hesitant. But Spirit worked on him, and when Rog heard Spirit emphatically tell him to ask me to marry him – repeatedly – Rog heeded The Voice and did so. It was the same Voice that had told Rog months before to set up his profile on match.com, where we soon met; the rest is history.

I will always be grateful that Rog obeyed The Voice. I thank Spirit that He was clearly a part of it all, we had His blessing, and He continues to guide us on the adventurous and love-filled life we have together.

Happy 5th Engage-a-versary to my beloved husband, Rog!

No comments: