Thursday, October 15, 2009

Peace

There is no doubt in my mind that peace within me is the most important condition I require, especially when my life is the way it currently is with huge changes and opportunities being presented each and every day.

When I’m at peace I know I’m in ”fit spiritual condition”, feeling close and connected to Spirit.

There are many ways that I can get back to that state of peace when I feel adrift. Deep breathing is a simple and powerful tool and I can do it anywhere, anytime – I just need to remember to do so.

Sitting still in the Silence even briefly is another way. This is not always as convenient a way to restore my peace. However, on more than one occasion, I have retreated to a women’s restroom, and found the privacy I needed to just be still.

Of course, my inner state of peace not only serves me well, but impacts those around me too. So when I’m at a gathering where ‘The Peace Song’ is sung, I wholeheartedly sing out the lyrics to Let There Be Peace on Earth, original lyrics by Sy Miller and Jill Jackson (circa 1955).

Let There Be Peace on Earth and let it begin with me.
Let There Be Peace on Earth, the peace that was meant to be!
With God as our Father, brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me. Let this be the moment now.
With ev'ry breath I take, let this be my solemn vow;
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally!
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.


It is crucial for me personally to be at peace. And, since we are all One, it is crucial for this planet as well. I strive to be in such a condition so that I am part of the solution in creating a loving earth on which we can all thrive and be at peace.

No comments: