Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dependence on God

A comprehended God is no God at all. – Gerhard Tersteegen

“Maybe the only thing we know about God is that dependence on this power greater than us brings remarkable changes to our life, and that ultimately those changes are for the best. That may be all we need to know about God.” - In God’s Care, October 31

There is no question that coming to believe and then depending on a Higher Power transformed my life for the better. Not only did I start having more love in my life via the wonderful people I met in 12 Step Program, but my entire perspective about people, the world, and life changed tremendously for the better.

And, it was no small feat to finally get that I was not alone, and that this power greater than myself not only was with me and on my side, but could be a real guide and help in living life peacefully and richly if I allowed It to.

I may not always, in fact often do not, comprehend God and His ways, but I sure am grateful that I “came to believe” and that I cultivate my relationship with this loving, caring, powerful Being on whom I am so dependent on.

No comments: