Sunday, November 29, 2009

Purpose and Service

I’m back once again thinking about my life and what meaning there is in it. I feel that my life only has purpose when I am being of service. When I was very involved in the 12 Step program, I felt that I was of service to others who came after me in pain and in need of healing. Through my own experience, I was able to provide strength and help to others, as those who came before me had helped me. I was able to listen, to love, and to not judge, to accept other folks at the level they were at.

I was reminded today that my experience gives me a purpose in life. With it - hitting bottom and rising up from it - I’ve learned compassion. With that opening of heart, I am able to help others, to serve God.

This world of form is changing mighty quickly these days, making way for a new world, a new way of living. Many people are in pain - and not even aware of it. I am in the ranks of those who are being prepared to help those less aware and enlightened about this world of form and how it fits into our lives, our being. My life experience has paved the way.

My purpose is to help others to realize that regardless of what the material world looks like and offers in terms of ‘toys’, we are eternal spiritual beings, whole and perfect, full of love.

My purpose is to hold the sacred space and help people realize that they are not alone. We are all One, we are all in this together, and all is well.

Dear Spirit -
I offer my love, my compassion, and my peace to You in service.

No comments: