Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Itinerary Versus Attitude

God’s will is not an itinerary but an attitude. – Andrew Dhuse

When I think of the word itinerary, I think of the material world and taking action. Hence, if I think of God’s will as an itinerary, it means I have to be doing something. It also probably means there is a final destination.

But the aforementioned quote suggests that God’s will is an “attitude”. And, in that word, I sense then that it is the state of being, rather than doing, that is what counts. It places me in the Now, and destination is of no consideration.

Today, as I turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understand God, my attitude reigns. From my heart, I ask God to run my life. God does the work of managing my life, not me. And, with that, I rest in peace.

No comments: