Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Struggle Versus Peace

“Whatever gives you a sense of struggle and strife is false. Whatever gives you a sense of peace is right.” – Open Your Mind to Receive by Catherine Ponder, page 75.

The above quote is a remarkable and easy tool to use to gauge how I am living my life.

When I feel peaceful about a situation, I know I am doing God’s will; I am following the right path. When I am unsettled, trying to control people and situations, up to my eyeballs in struggle, I am in ego and out of sync with God. I am immersed in illusion and falsehood.

This morning I felt the ‘To Do’s’ and future concerns that have been piling up and which I’d been struggling with fall into a heap of surrender. And, I felt peace. I’m done with struggle and strife.

Dear Spirit –
Give me peace, I pray. When struggle and strife arise, please awaken me and have me surrender once again into Your peaceful, loving, caring arms. Please keep me in this state of surrender, staying focused in the Now and what You would have me do. Thank You, God. So it is.

No comments: