Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 2009

For the last 19 Thanksgiving Days, I have been humbled. That was not always the case.

Before joining 12 Step program in March, 1990, I was a devout atheist. When Thanksgiving came ‘round each year, I pretty much acknowledged and thanked myself for the life I had. There was no Higher Power in my life; I was the alpha and the omega.

Much has changed since coming to believe, and these days I know Who to thank for the life I have. Without Spirit, my life would not be what it is today - and every day. So these days, one of the most important things I am grateful for is joining Overeaters Anonymous, which started me on my spiritual awakening path. I am grateful for the love, knowledge, tools, experience, and support I have found along the way.

And, I give thanks that I am no longer alone, for I know that God is with me this Thanksgiving Day, and always. That is the greatest thing I am grateful for.

May my gratitude for coming to believe be expressed every day through my loving actions toward others, in service to the One Who blesses my life.

No comments: