Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Cave

I am grateful for my own home office. Having been single for many years and having enjoyed my alone space for the most part, times in my office are cherished. It makes no-never-mind that the other person I now live with is my beloved twin flame and husband, Rog. I like – and need – the time and the space alone in my room.

Like the Beach Boys' lyrics from their 1970’s(?) song “In My Room”, it is a whole other world when the door is closed.

Usually every morning at the crack of dawn I go there to pray and meditate, read inspirational literature, journal - to be alone in the silence. There I receive renewal and refreshment. There I find it a bit easier to connect to Spirit.

I know that Spirit is with me always, whether in a stadium, crowded cafĂ©, or... in my room. Still, since I’m into 'cozy', I’ll take my cave.

No comments: