Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Birthday...

... to me!

Yes, it’s my birthday, number 54. Birthdays are like new years, a milestone of the calendar year to reflect upon my life.

Looking back over the last year, it’s obviously been a wild one of adventure, spiritual growth, shedding of the old and making way for the new. And, I had my beloved husband and life partner, Rog, beside me for the ride.

Once, when I was a young teenager and my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told her that she couldn’t give me what I wanted. That gift was my soul mate, the guy who would understand me, love me, be my bestest friend, and walk with me through all of Life’s offerings. I yearned in my soul for such a gift, which stayed with me throughout the years.

My mother could not give me that gift, but close to 4 decades later, God did. My twin flame (even more than a soul mate) and I were finally ready to meet in this lifetime, and Spirit arranged it just about five years ago.

Receiving Rog into my life then is a recurring birthday gift each year that I will cherish always.

No comments: