Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthing With God

Spending three days camping, with the waters of Oak Creek flowing behind our tent and surrounded by large, old cottonwood trees, coming back to our life in Gilbert is strange. We’re wrapping things up here in this town of 200,000+ and looking forward to building our life up north precisely in the setting we just left - close to Nature, living in a small rural-type community.

As we transition from our old life in Gilbert to our new one up north, I am excited and enthusiastic. Also, I am so open to guidance from Spirit. Throughout this journey that Rog and I set upon nine months ago (consciously in September, but unconsciously earlier still), we have sought God’s guidance and, most certainly, God’s help. Along the way, I’ve developed my muscles of faith, trust, patience, and remembering to stay in the Now. It hasn’t always been easy and it’s been scary at times, but I believe it was for my highest good as well as to be a demonstration and help to others.

Yep, nine months of a lot of change and getting down to basics. As Rog pointed out, it’s like we’re giving birth to a new life – ours! And, just like the birth of a child, the birth of our new life is a miracle. We’ve been showered with blessings in the form of learning lessons, strengthening old relationships, growing new friendships, circulating money to and fro, and more.

We’ve still a ways to go before the delivery, but based on the journey we’ve travelled thus far, I have no doubt that God is with us, nurturing us, guiding us, and bringing us to our ever-increasing good that will benefit others. I am grateful.

No comments: