Monday, June 8, 2009

Vastness

I recently built a website for a wellness practitioner client who chose the domain name of galaxy15.net. In searching for graphics to use on her site, I was quite surprised to see a plethora of photos of galaxies on Google, and with so many gorgeous colors. This picked my curiosity as to what a galaxy is and how our planet fit in, as I didn’t remember from my early school days.

What I learned (with kudos to Rog) was the following: the earth is part of the solar planet system, which is part of the Milky Way galaxy, which is part of the Universe. There are many planets in many systems, in many galaxies, all contained within the Universe. Wow – I had no idea!

Learning this impacted me more than I could have imagined. Now I feel I have a better sense of how big God is, a more concrete sense to this vastness. For if God/Spirit/The Great Mystery/[fill in the name] is The Universe, God really is all encompassing, everywhere present, permeating everything. How awesome...

And, awesome still is despite the hugeness of God, God cares about little ‘ol me.

No comments: