Friday, June 5, 2009

A Sure Thing

Rog and I have this agreement that whoever prepares the meal, the other does the dishes. It works well and, at the same time, we’re both flexible so sometimes one of us will handle both tasks. Tonight Rog warmed up dinner and so I was going to clean dishes after a potty break.

I was looking forward to cleaning the dishes because I figured it’d give me time to contemplate today’s blog material. However, lo and behold, when I returned to the kitchen, the dishes were all washed, a surprise from my beloved husband! I sure appreciate his thoughtfulness and giving nature. Oh, but I was going to use that time to think about what to write in my blog and to get away from the negative energy I was feeling from being at a specific location we’d stopped at this afternoon...

Well, I know what to write about in my blog today, and it’s just the thing when I’m not feeling quite right or feel beset by dark forces: gratitude. And, at the top of my gratitude list – after God - is my husband, Rog. I am so grateful for his character, values, love, and companionship, for all the fun we have living this adventure called Life, and for being the best that a best friend can be.

I’ll continue my gratitude list to feel better, but also as a prayer and to advance my connection to Spirit, which I think I’m in need of...

I am grateful for:
- Friends with whom we can talk about the most woo-woo things and they’re right there with us!
- Wonderful physical health even if it is clear that this body is aging.
- The many blessings that have come our way in these last couple of months particularly
- An increasing faith that there is a Plan, that the Universe conspires (“with Spirit”) for my good.

The list could easily go on, each and every day, anew. It is a sure thing that when I’m in need of a ‘pick me up’ and to feel The Presence more deeply, making a gratitude list, whether mentally or in writing, fits the bill.

Well, it looks like I didn’t need to be the dishwasher tonight after all to figure out what to blog and, I got to experience Rog’s kindness once again. I’m so grateful!

No comments: