Thursday, June 25, 2009

Peace

True peace comes not from trying to have peace, but in trying to find God’s will and doing it. Peace comes from letting go. – In God’s Care, June 25

Peace is what I seek, but when my ego gets going, it’s hard to know God’s will, let alone follow it. The ego voice is diametrically opposed to the voice of God, and peace can simply not follow.

As I go through a challenging situation at this time, I am especially seeking to know God’s will and hence, to be at a peace. I decided to look up some more quotes on the topic of peace – here they are.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. - St. Francis of Assisi

As we cultivate peace and happiness in ourselves, we also nourish peace and happiness in those we love. - Thich Nhat Hanh

One can not reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others. - Lao Tzu

Compassion and love is the source of external and internal peace... - Tenzin Gyatso, The 14th Dalai Lama

No comments: