Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beauty

I flipped my wall calendar this morning to welcome the new month of July... I cannot believe how quickly the time is flying these days!

The photo for the month is of a gorgeous purplish evening sky, with the moon rising behind a tree amid mountains. The quote by Confucius states: “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” How true this is.

And, is it not true of moi? And, not just in terms of the physical. How often do I not see the beauty in people, in their spirit? I don’t see past their ideas, their quirks, their complaints, their fears. Or I get stuck in my ego with its ideas, fears, and judgments.

Love is all there is, which means that each of us is love, and where there is love there surely is beauty.

May I take the time to see past the outer, and see the inner beautiful spirit of all whom I encounter this day.

1 comment:

SpiritWorks Software Inc. said...

Love this sentiment. May we always appreciate ALL the beauty that surrounds us and is within us.