Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wink-A-Versary

Today is our 5th wink-a-versary. Translated into English, today is the day five years ago that Rog sent me a wink via match.com. From there a 10-day email courtship followed, culminating in...well, here we today, joyfully married, great teammates as business partners, and, the bestest of friends.

“God wants us to be only who we are” reads, in part, from today’s In God’s Care. Well, that’s how Rog and I have been with one another from day 1: no games, open communication, real beings. Our relationship is a trinity: Spirit, Rog, and Joyce.

Rog’s match.com handle was ‘Tucson Rog’ and mine was ‘Unusual Woman’. It truly was a God thing that we met. Rog had been resisting his friends’ suggestions to go online to start meeting women after separating from his 24-year marriage. But he could not go against the Guidance he received to do the same. It was great timing because I was just about ready to end my subscription.

There were factors that should not have had my profile show up in Rog’s search, but nevertheless it did. It was finally time for these two twin flames to meet again and make a life together to accomplish God’s work.

I will always be grateful for the technology that brought Rog and me together, but of course I know it was really Spirit who did so.

Thank You, Spirit!

No comments: