Saturday, July 11, 2009

Practice

If you’re from the Big Apple, and perhaps even if you’re not, you may be familiar with the joke “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” Answer: “Practice, practice, practice!”

One can apply the same response to “How do I grow in consciousness?” Or, “How can I feel closer to Spirit?” And, how about “How can I be more compassionate?” Answer: “Practice, practice, practice!”

As stated in today’s Daily Inspiration from The Voice for Love: "When gratitude fills your mind, you are joined with God in your awareness. Practice the art of giving thanks, and you will be joined with God all through the day."

And, inspired from today’s Daily Word, when I practice being more loving and gentle with myself, I am more loving and gentle to others.

In 12 Step program it is suggested we “act as if” until we are able to believe. And, if I practice what I want to be, I will succeed. Like Gandhi said, ‘Be the change you want to see in the world.”

Practice, practice, practice.

No comments: