Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Focus

“The less I focus on myself and my surroundings, the more at peace I am. “ – excerpt from Daily Word, July 15, 2009

Even though the aforementioned was written in reference to taking time away from activities to rest and get still, it resonates with me beyond that.

For it is true that when I am less absorbed in myself, putting the focus on others and being of service, I feel closer to God and thus more peaceful. And, again, when I limit or stay away from reading the news of our crazy times or focusing on material stuff (“surroundings”), the lines to Spirit are clearer and peace closer at hand.

In this world of more, more, more – things, activities, food, noise – whether I am sitting still in the silence or going about my day, “the less I focus on myself and my surroundings, the more at peace I am. “

Spirit, keep me focused in the moment and at peace in You.

No comments: