Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home

I know home is where my heart is, and with God ever present, home is with me always. That means it’s inside of me.

Nevertheless, there’s something about my external home. Being a Cancer, my home is quite important to me and feels as snuggly as a cocoon. So even when I am away from it for just a day or two, I’m so glad to return to it.

Yeah, that sounds like attachment, I know. But it’s more than that. There’s a certain energy about it that exudes not only familiarity, but peace, serenity, joy, etc. and in a way that fits me just so. Hence, the minute I step into my house, I get an infusion into my soul of this great stuff.

I learned many moons ago, well before I knew what the words spiritual and energy referred to, that wherever I would make my home, it would be cozy because it would reflect my essence. That has proved true in the numerous abodes over the years that I have called home - each has been a lovely place to hang my hat.

No doubt my internal home is infused in my external home - kind of like, God is within me, God surrounds me. God is everywhere. Home is everywhere.

The next time I overnight at another locale, I’ll remember that my home truly is within me. Then maybe I’ll feel that place fits me just so too. After all, God will be with me, and God is my real Home.

No comments: