Sunday, July 26, 2009

Whose Will?

Today I’ve really been thinking about this business of doing God’s will. Ya know, “Thy Will, not mine, be done.” I wonder how much I really believe in that principle and how much I put it into action.

I have been given free will to live my life, to make choices, and the ‘proper’ use of it is to align it with what Spirit would have me do. But when my ego gets in the way, fugetaboutit! Does that mean every time my ego is going, I’m not doing God’s will?

I figure that if I’m doing God’s Will, it doesn’t really matter what is going on in my life. It’s just that simple. And, then I’m in a perpetual state of joy. Sounds good to me. Although somehow it doesn’t seem that easy... I cannot say that I feel joy most of the time, let alone perpetually. [Have you seen this world lately?] Hence, I’m out of alignment with Spirit.

For now, I’ll meditate on it, pray, and contemplate it. This is a huge issue with far reaching ramifications in my life, and definitely worth attention.

To be continued...

No comments: