Thursday, July 16, 2009

Still...

As we lay down to go to sleep last night, Rog commented that he was glad the day was over, an unusual sentiment coming from him. Still, I can understand why.

From our house mailbox, we received a letter related to our bankruptcy requesting another pile of documents with a deadline for submission. There was incorrect information written in it and it had not been sent to our mailing address as it should have been, so had been sitting for a week. Still, I was grateful that the letter wasn’t from the mortgagor setting a new trustee sale.

From our other mailbox, we received a letter from our homeowners association. It was another annoying complaint, once again shedding no specific light on what we were supposedly not in compliance with. Still, I was grateful that I’d already called them weeks back about the matter in general and was confident that we would prevail. I was also grateful that Rog said he’d draft a response.

The website I had hoped to complete building and go live by mid afternoon took me into the evening. Still, I was grateful that my client is a warm, easy-going person to work with and appreciates the extra mile that I go. And, when there was a delay for the site to go live, I was grateful that the hosting server company had a helpful associate to work with, that I had uploaded the files correctly, and that the site will go live as soon as the company finishes its process.

And, if this all wasn’t enough to test my attitude, the saga of my front tooth was brought to life once again. Still, I was grateful that my crown came out during the dentist’s work week, and that he is a kind, compassionate good man with a great staff. I’ll call this morning for an emergency appointment and trust that God will arrange it so I don’t have to delay today’s trip to Tucson. Also, I’m grateful that I’m no longer so vain about the gap in the front of my mouth – when I speak, I just place my hand in front of it to cover the grossness.

Yes, my peace was challenged yesterday, but all in all I think I did a pretty good job of asking Spirit for help and coping. But what I noticed - and am so grateful for - is that, in most cases, my upbeat take on each situation was an immediate response. I’ve come a long way from when I would have immediately gone into a tailspin or a fit of lingering angry, both of which would have stoked my eating disorder and not made me a particularly nice person to be around. Mostly these days, I am able to see the blessings in every situation and feel gratitude. These challenges become opportunities to grow closer to God.

Oh, did I mention that Rog accidentally brewed decaf coffee for himself and high test for me for our afternoon coffee vacation?!

As we lay down to go to sleep last night, and the caffeine was still surging through my body, Rog commented that he was glad the day was over; I can understand why. I had some more than usual awake time before falling asleep so I converted the challenge into an opportunity. I used the time for extra prayers to God and my angels, thankful for my growing consciousness and the many blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your positive attitude!