Monday, July 27, 2009

Trust God

“Trust God or worry. Those are the two choices you have in every situation. Trust God and be at peace. Worry and experience stress. Your choices are that simple and you will make your life as peaceful or stressful as you choose to make it. Trust God and be at peace. This is all that is asked of you.”
- James Blanchard Cisneros

Well, I clearly was feeling worried, stressed, and not at peace. I was still in the research stage in a project, not knowing how long it was going to take me to actually start designing the project, and concerned about keeping my commitment to agreed upon goal dates with my client. Ego had clearly ‘eased God out’ and I was a wreck. Impatient with Rog, impatient with myself, with my body all tensed up.

I took some steps to help myself calm down, one in the form of checking in with my client and communicating my concerns. But I didn’t pause to check in with Spirit. I didn’t stop and say “God needs to be first, then all else will follow with ease and grace.”

Still, somehow God got through to me. I realized that I was doing everything I could and it was going to have to be enough. My peace was too important to keep on keeping on in this unhealthy, workaholic type of state, with ego having a field day. I surrendered. I was backing to trusting God.

Thank You, Spirit, for getting through to me even when I feel so closed and bound up.

No comments: