Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Question Session

Rog and I are really feeling stuck. We simply do not know what God’s plan is for us. We go about our day with plenty of work of various sorts keeping us busy and fulfilled to varying degrees. But we know much of it is not our true work. Still, we don’t know for sure what Spirit would like us to be doing. And, we continue to be eager to move to a smaller, more rural community and start what we think to be our new life.

So last night together we sat in the Silence seeking answers from Spirit enveloped by soft candlelight, holding hands. Each time I awoke in the middle of the night, I had on my mind “Sprit, please tell me what You want, what Your plans are for me, for us...”

And, this morning, my alone time had me asking Spirit question-after-question about what Its Will for me and for us is. This is something I’ve not seemed to have done in a very long time. Usually I am easing the chatter for messages to come through or I’m sending messages out in a variety of modalities (prayer, affirmation). This time I was seeking a dialogue, you know, a là Neal Donald Walsch (of “Conversations with God” fame).

I got some replies back to my questions. I’m not sure if they came from Spirit or from Ego. I tend to think that they came from Spirit because I think Ego would have come up with some more appealing and dramatic ones.

At this time, I believe Spirit wants me to be patient, to continue growing closer to God, to increase my capacity to ask and then do Thy Will, not mine. It’s about surrender, it’s about trust. It’s about just Being and being in the Now.

I’ll keep on asking and talking with God, knowing that more will be revealed of the Divine Plan when the time is correct. For today, this rests well with me and I am at peace.

No comments: