Saturday, April 10, 2010

Am I Willing?

“Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.” - Step 3 of the 12 Step Program of Recovery

Today I remind myself that this Step is not about doing anything - it is about deciding. Still, I pause to think if I really want to turn my will (thoughts) and life (actions) over to Spirit. For if I do, I must accept not just the so-called “good” stuff but the so-called “bad” as well.

If I trust God, then nothing is “good” or “bad” and all is for my upliftment. Am I willing to walk through all of it to reach a better place? A place of greater love, joy, peace? Yes, I am. I want to wake up and be all that I already am, all that Spirit created me to be that I’ve forgotten.

Today I will continue deciding to turn my will and my life over to the care of God - I’m sure it will be quite the adventure!

No comments: