Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's God

Life is not meant to be focused on stress and worry, but on freedom and joy (culled from Today’s Daily Word, April 17, 2010). Stress and worry come from ego, freedom and joy emanate from Spirit.

Thus it is natural for me to feel more connected to God when I feel free and full of joy. And, it is a sacred circle dance: as I focus on God, I feel free and full of joy, and feeling free and joyful, I feel greater connection to God.

I’ve been wondering if the gratitude I have felt recently - the natural, ‘unforced’ kind with my heart singing - is perhaps also joy. It seems that they go hand-in-hand as well.

Regardless of the labels, it is clear to me that my spirit is feeling very much lifted up these days. It’s not dependent on outside people or circumstances; it’s something within. To me, it’s God.

No comments: