Friday, April 9, 2010

The Truth

When I keep open my mind and heart to the wisdom of God, I no longer allow minor disturbances to confuse me. I see below surface appearances to what is true.

Take, for instance, my getting a bit perturbed the other day when I found out an acquaintance had not bothered consulting me about a project she was working on. Didn’t she know I had some connections?... Didn’t she know that I might have been able to help? I felt neglected and ‘less than’.

And, gratefully, Spirit woke me up to see ego at work. After all, I’m only an acquaintance to this woman... and I’m not the only person on the planet that might have some helpful knowledge or a good network of contacts. And, besides, I’m not particularly drawn to having this person in my life. So what’s this feeling of being slighted (as I saw it) about anyway? It’s nothing more than my ego wanting to be bolstered, massaged, given attention to. Ah-ha!

In practically an instant, I recognized what was going on and woke up! In my awakened heart, I wished this person well, blessed her success - and thanked her silently for being yet another conduit for me to learn about my inner world by looking at the outer.

God’s messages and messengers are all around me, inviting me to wake up to the Truth. And the Truth is that I am a holy child of God, powerful, loved, loving, and graced.

Thank You, God!

No comments: