Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trust

Rog and I were talking over breakfast about trust. He’s participating in a thread on LinkedIn regarding the concept about if it is possible for there to be trust in business. To me it’s an absurd notion to even think of! Still, with the way the world is going today economically, politically, etc., it is clear that there have been grave breaches of trust by people and institutions, including business, and so it is no wonder that this topic is up for discussion.

I cannot imagine any sort of relationship - be it, personal, social, romantic, ‘even’ business - that can survive, let alone flourish and be healthy without a foundation of trust.

I shudder to think what life would be like if I couldn’t make the assumption that the other party was operating from a position of honesty and trustworthiness.

Of course, us spiritual beings having a human experience can fall short of the mark which means that we can make mistakes. But if I know the other person is coming from a place of integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness, I’m most apt to be understanding and accepting.

Nonetheless, I know the ultimate trust is in only one being - God. I place my trust in Source so that regardless of the craziness of the world and people around me, I know that I am taken care of and all is well.

No comments: