Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Privileged Child

Charles Fillmore, in his essay entitled Overcoming the Poverty Idea writes “Thoughts are not all of the same importance.” There are some that frighten us into submission to their reign.

It is suggested that to rid one’s mind of fearing results should we dare to meet these domineering thoughts of error and openly oppose their reign, one needs to get a clear perception of what one’s rights are as a child of God.

Hmmm.... “rights .. as a child of God.” That’s ‘interesting.’ And, powerful and uplifting!

As a child of God, I “...should not be under the dominion of anything in the heavens above or in the earth below. You are given dominion over all.”

Mr. Fillmore continues on about the story of David and Goliath. “The name David means “the beloved of the Lord” and David represents your righteous perception of your privileges as a child of the living God. You are not a slave to anything or anybody. You cannot be alarmed by the threat of this god of mammon. You have the perception of Truth and you sling it at the center of his carnal thinking, which is the forehead.”

There is this idea is my mind that can slay all the frightening Goliaths in my life, and it is to perceive my proper place in Divine Mind. When I do so, fear cannot overpower me. I operate from a place of strength, wholeness, faith. I am imbued with peace, joy, and love. I am free.

All is well in my kingdom within for I know my heritage and exercise my privileges as a holy child of God. I am grateful for my Father.

No comments: