Thursday, April 29, 2010

Whose Plan?

I’ve been pushing myself to meet deadlines, participate in spiritually-focused events, attend to ADL’s (activities of daily living), and fulfill other commitments. And, I’m beat. It’s not really fun pushing, pushing, pushing. I just can’t do it all... something has to give... I need to let go.

Yes, I’m exhausted physically, and beat emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. I need to let go of controlling finances, time, people... As if I could really control anything or anyone!

So I surrender to that Divine Wisdom that knows all is in perfect order... to the Source that created me happy, joyous, and free - not tied to deadlines and obligations.

In cramming and striving to meet deadlines, I’m cramming The Presence too. It’s difficult to feel peace and joy when my entire being feels contracted and squished. So I pause, breathe, and give my trust to Spirit. I release my concerns to God and I am at peace.

All I have is this moment... Despite my planning and scheduling, when it comes down to it, all I have is Now. I can sketch in the pieces of my life, but I must remain flexible and open to the idea that things don’t unfold in Joyce’s time. I must surrender.

Dear Beloved, Holy Presence-
Thank You, thank You, thank You for the pause and the breath that refresh me to then move on to carry out Your plan.

No comments: