Saturday, April 24, 2010

Seeing

“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” - John Lubbock

I have a client with whom I work with 20 hours per week, so I’m familiar with the look of her office. One day she asked for my interior decorating advice regarding an oval area rug she planned to buy for a main walk-through section of the office. Armed with samples, we discussed which color scheme would best work with the current carpet, and I also brought up my concern about how the thickness of the rug might be a tripping hazard. Then she proceeded to order her choice online, and that’s the last I thought of it.

The following week I was in my client’s office and it wasn’t until I’d walked through the main area three times that I realized the area rug had been delivered and placed on the carpet! I simply hadn’t seen it and I certainly hadn’t tripped over it.

It’s pretty phenomenal to me that something can be right in my face and I don’t see it. Have you ever looked all over the house for your keys (substitute anything else), only to find them on the kitchen counter next to the coffee mug you’d just been drinking out of?

It sure makes me wonder what else I’m not seeing, minor things and the not-so-minor. And then there’s the idea that this world is an illusion and I’m making it up anyway... so why can’t I ‘make up’ the keys, the cash, the love, the faith, etc.?

If I can’t see what is theoretically on the physical plane and I believe should be easy to see, then how can I ‘see’ what is in the other realms? And, if I’m making it all up anyway, why aren’t I making up and communicating with the unseen spiritual beings whom I’ve been yearning to communicate with?

Intention. Yes, again, I go about setting intentions and being awake. With faithful expectancy and joy, I see what I am looking for, I live the life and experience the abundance that is mine by Divine Right. I stay alert to my good and to God’s Grace.

No comments: