Saturday, April 3, 2010

God in Our Midst

Here it is Saturday morning, another opportunity to reflect on what I am grateful for as I prepare to attend my circle of gratitude.

Last night I attended what for me was a most unusual event: a celebration of Passover and the Last Supper. It was a evening of learning, music, joining together - and, of course, food! I appreciate our hostess opening up her home to us. More importantly, I so appreciate her opening up her rich heart.

E. is an awesome woman. She is a gracious, generous, and appreciative hostess. She has the joy, curiosity, innocence, and wonderment of a child; the education, life experience, and wisdom of an elder; the love, peace, and patience of a saint. Even her singing voice makes me think of an angel. Obviously she has a very close connection to Source; it is an inspiration to witness and makes me feel a part of.

I am grateful for people such as E. who so clearly convey to me that Spirit is not only present, but is within each of us, reaching out to others and showing them that God is in them too and that we are One.

God bless.

No comments: