Monday, April 26, 2010

Service

There are many reasons and motives for doing service. But are mine ‘pure?’ What I mean is, am I doing them from my Higher Self or from my ego self?

When I serve to feel needed, I’m coming from my little me. When I look at the person I’m helping as a victim or someone I’m trying to ‘save,’ I’m coming from the separated self. I am not in an awaken state.

Being of service directly working with people is one of the grandest ways that I feel God’s presence and a strong connection. I am in my heart, opening to God’s love and grace - for me and the other.

So, I serve as a way to grow closer to God. And through helping others with this motive in mind, I open myself up to be an instrument of God’s grace and to waking up a bit more to the real world of Love.

How can I serve today, Sweet Spirit
How can I serve today, Oh Lord
Speak to me in ways I will understand
Where You lead, I will follow.

- Rickie Byars Beckwith

Dear Sweet Spirit,
Speak to me in words I understand as to where You would have me serve today. Open my heart as I have the opportunity to be Your instrument and shine Your light on all whom I minister to today.

No comments: