Friday, April 2, 2010

Comfort

God does not comfort us to make us comfortable but to make us comforters. - J. H. Jowett

Through my reaching bottom with my eating disorder and then recovering by developing a conscious relationship with the God of my understanding and practicing the 12 Step principles, I came to recognize my life had purpose.

Through my experiences of spiraling downward and then reclaiming myself and my life, I was and am, able to help others on their journey. Through sharing my experience, strength, and hope, I am a comforter.

Just as Spirit comforted me and let me know I was not alone, so too I comfort others and let them know they are never alone. As my soul continues to blossom and wake up, I carry the message that with God all things are possible and heaven is within us, here, right now.

No comments: