Wednesday, August 26, 2009

4.5

Today is a particularly significant day in my life.

Thirteen years ago (1996) I moved out of the Big Apple, my home town for my entire life of 41 years. And, four-and-one-half years ago (2005), Rog and I were married – the man I’d been searching for most of my life. Both were very significant events, and perhaps marrying Rog would not have happened if I hadn’t left NYC... although I suspect Spirit would have come up with another way for these twin flames to cross paths in this lifetime.

After so many years of yearning for my soul mate, one might think that our promises to one another would have been lengthy. But when all was said and done in planning our intimate, joyful event, Rog and I chose to speak these brief promises to one another based on A Course in Miracles: I promise to do my best to always see the Light in you. I promise to do my best to be your perfect shelter, where you can be reborn in safety and in peace.

Ahhhh. These promises are suffused with Spirit in their meaning and energy. It’s always wonderful to reread them and think about how I’ve fared in fulfilling my promises to Rog. I think I’ve done quite well (with Holy Spirit helping my ego), even with some of the particularly wild adventures we’ve been in.

Rog is my beloved twin flame so it’s pretty easy to see the Light in him and to be the safe, peaceful, and healing shelter. But I’m just wondering how it would be if I could make and keep this promise to all beings I meet? And, what about every being making it to all other beings?

Wowww. Ahhhh.

Happy 4.5 Wedding Anniversary, my dear Rog. May I continue to do my best to always see the Light in you and to be your perfect shelter, where you can be reborn in safety and in peace.

And, I pray, with God’s help, to apply these promise concepts to all whom I meet on my path.

1 comment:

Roger said...

You have indeed fulfilled your vow, my love. I think it's in fulfilling it together that we are able to extend it to others. In this way we nourish our souls.

Let our life together be about joy.