Sunday, August 16, 2009

Among the Irises

I attended the monthly "Garden Party" at Unity of Sedona this weekend where I was of service by helping to spruce (no pun intended) up the gardens. I've been wanting to spend more time in nature, with Nature, and this was a wonderful opportunity to do so. My soul and physical body have been in sore need of feeling Mother Earth, of letting Her soil run through my fingers.

I pulled some weeds but mostly I hung out with the irises.

Irises are widespread on the grounds and there were plenty of dead, burnt leaves to remove. The more I worked with the irises, the closer I felt to them. I apologized when I accidentally tugged on a healthy leaf, I let them know how lovely they were, I felt their cool temperature even in the summer heat. We bonded.

Thank You, Spirit for this special experience and for the very many blessings in my life, which come in many forms and numerous types of kinships.

No comments: